Website is the façade of your online business or organization. Never leave it wide open. In the US, every 39 seconds a hacking attack occurs, and one out of three Americans experience the ramifications every year.
Besides, money loss, website hacking can impact your site traffic, site suspension, site crashing, or even identity theft. Personal and customer-sensitive data can be at risk. It is sensible to hire Jin Design, a web development company Singapore to secure your site.
How does hacking occur?
Some common hacking ways include –
- Ransomware – Access to your site is withheld unless the demanded ransom amount is paid or hackers threaten to publish your information.
- Gibberish hack – There will be plenty of auto-created pages jammed with gibberish and keywords aimed to get the top-ranked on search engines. On clicking the key terms, visitors will be redirected to some dubious website.
- Cloaked keyword hack – Your web pages will appear like the written text is changed, but it is similar to the above hack.
- Malicious virus or code – Your site is either unable to access or goes down. Even your hardware is badly affected.
- Phishing – Hackers connect with your customers pretending as your representative. They use your brand to uncover personal details.
- Japanese keyword hack – Random pages are created in Japanese including affiliate links to dubious stores selling bogus goods.
- Denial of Service – Bots are used to overload your website with appeals. The main aim is to crash the server your site resides on.
Simple Website Securing Tips
The specialists at web design company Singapore can help you with SSL installation. Secure Sockets Layer [SSL] encrypts the information that passes between a website and the other end. SSL security is important for websites that accept payments online.
Install anti-malware software
Good security initiates choosing a reliable web host. They are responsible for server maintenance and monitoring. They host automatic security updates and patches. Basic features to look for in a hosting provider include free SSL, automatic backups, hack protection, anti-malware software, and DDoS protection.
Enforce a robust password policy
Hackers use refined software to crack passwords. For protection against the software’s brutal force choose passwords including uppercase & lowercase letters, special characters & numerals. It has to be 10 characters long and every member of your organization needs to adhere to the password policy strictly. Never share or change your password often. Never use personal details in the password because hackers try these first.
Keep website updated
Keep all the software on your website updated, especially if you use WordPress software and plug-ins. If updates are ignored then they are vulnerable to glitches, bugs, and malicious coding.
Avoid human errors
92% of malware is delivered through email, so be alert. Never open unusual emails in the inbox. 95% of security breaches are because of human error. Therefore always be suspicious of emails, phone calls, or text that asks for personal emails. Remember, shared spaces are not secure and approve website access to security-conscious people.
Run regular backups
Never take website security for granted even if you follow the above steps cautiously. Running regular backups is a wise thing. It keeps you prepared for the worst. Backup is your website data’s copy and in case of an attack, you will be prepared to relaunch.
Ensure to take support from a well-established web design agency Singapore!